So I have decided to make some pretty epic garden boxes. They’re going to be 4 feet wide by 16 feet long by 3 feet deep with dividers every 4 feet or so for stability.
I was originally planning two of these monsters but after planning out a garden for two you can see I ran out of things to plant given my gardening goals.
My goals :
- Pickled cucumbers (with peppers and cauliflower).
- Pickled carrots (with peppers and cauliflower).
- Big batch of tomato-basil soup that I can freeze or bottle.
- Big batch of potato-leek soup that I can freeze or bottle.
- Minced and bottled garlic.
- Pick and eat Zucchini, Broccoli, and lettuce.
When I had reached my goals I realized I still had two empty 4′ x 4′ boxes. I decided to transplant my three strawberry plants into one box and add 11 more!? Nope. This garden plan is overshooting my goals by a long shot. Going to save the below plan for my 2018 garden.
For 2017 I am only going to build one epic garden box. Same size but I will lay it out more conservatively to achieve the same goals without going overboard.
As you can see there’s plenty of room and I’ll just focus on fewer plants. I still might transplant the strawberries into the empty box. I like the idea of having my own strawberry patch. 🙂